Jul 7, 2009

Matthew's birth story

Matthews birth story

Yay for a totally natural childbirth!!!  No pitocin or drugs of any kind. Exactly how I wanted it...and a very healthy boy! Thank you, God!

My body has been slowly dilating by come and go contractions for weeks now. On Sunday night I noticed some thin discharge happening with contractions. I called my doctor on Monday morning and went in to find out I was 8 cm dilated, fully effaced and leaking amniotic fluid.

My doctor then sent me to the hospital. At 3:00 I had my water broken and several minutes later contractions started. At 4:00 I knew things were happening faster and Jason wasn't here from work yet. He walked in at 4:10 and I was in transition. The contractions were on top of each other and I was 9 cm.

I started feeling the urge to push around 4:25 so they called my doctor who came right in already dressed! I started pushing and he was born at 4:32pm!  He cried once and I knew he was ok.

Matthew Thomas Manak is a healthy big boy. Christopher and Monica were 6lbs 6 oz but Matthew was 8 lbs 14 oz! Almost 9 lbs! His apgar scores were both 9. I can already tell he will be a easy going baby and I'm so excited to be chosen to be a part of his life!

Where will these tiny Feet go? What wonderful things will his Hands accomplish?  How will the world be a better place because of him?  Stay tuned to find out!

Please continue to pray for our safe recovery. Jason leaves on Saturday to England on business for 2 weeks. I am already feeling so much better than I did with Christopher and Monica. I guess 100% natural is the best in terms of recovery!

We can't wait for you all to meet Matthew!!!  I will post pictures when I get home. Love to all!

P.s. There are a few pictures on our facebook pages. :)

Matthew Thomas Manak
July 6, 2009
4:32 pm - 8 lbs 14 oz
20 inches long

2 comments:

Shane said...

Congratulations Christen and Jason!!! I have one question -- how did you post this blog entry so fast? Did you have a laptop in the hospital or did you post it from your iPhone? As a geek I'm just curious :)

Hummingbirder said...

Congrats on the beautiful gift!!!
I'm happy to hear of your natural childbirth and I'm sure your recovery will be much easier. I'll be praying for you as you adjust to 3!

Manak Family © 2008 Por *Templates para Você*